2/22/2008

Hobbit Hunger

I have a strong suspicion that I'm turning into a hobbit. I only hope my feet don't get hairy.

The reason? My predisposition to eat and this, from the Prologue to The Lord of the Rings:
"And laugh they [hobbits] did, and eat, and drink, often and heartily, being fond. . .of six meals a day (when they could get them)."

And this, from the movie The Fellowship of the Ring:
"Aragorn: Gentlemen, we do not stop till nightfall.
Pippin: What about breakfast?
Aragorn: You've already had it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
[Aragorn turns and walks off in disgust]
Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevensies? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babe, you do know your pregnant right?

@lici@ said...

I'm WHAT??? Well, that explains a lot.

Rachel said...

I wouldn't worry about the hairy feet as much as the growing feet. My feet are now a half-size bigger. :-(